Download Course PDF
To provide qualified electricians with updated knowledge and skills required to identify, understand and implement safe testing procedures and certification for electrical installations as defined in the Electricity Act 1996 and Regulations.
This course contains the following learning content:
- Major changes from Amendments to the Standards, eg AS/NZS 3000 : 2007 and Amendment 3 to comply with the minimum safety standards required by the Electricity Act and associated Regulations.
- Safe testing procedures and certification for electrical installations
Participants are required to have the following:
Text books (can be purchased through PEER or SAI Global) -
- AS/NZS 3000 : 2007 Electrical installations (AUST/NZ wiring rules)
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 : 2017 Electrical installations: Selection of cables (Aust conditions)
- AS/NZS 3012 : 2010 Electrical installations (construction and demolition sites)
- AS/NZS 3017 : 2007 Electrical installations (Verification guidelines)
- SAPN installation and service rules
- Colour highlighters
- Photo ID
- Wear normal work clothes including
- Covered footwear (steel capped boots preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or overalls
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to competently demonstrate an understanding of the major changes arising from Amendments to the Standards.
A Statement of Completion will be issued to the participant after successful completion.
Entry into this course is only available to licenced electricians-
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on U-114 Wiring Rules Refresher or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.