1 day (8 hours)
Download Course PDF
To provide the participant with the knowledge and skills to safely test electrical power tools in accordance with Australian Standard AS/NZS3760: 2010.
This course will enable participants to meet WHS Act and Regulations that stipulate all electrical power tools, RCD's etc used on a construction site, must be tested every three months.
This course contains the following learning content:
- Effects of electricity on the human body
- Methods of reducing electric shock
- Electrical fundamentals
- Testing procedures of AS3760 : 2010
- Practical testing of portable electric power tools, equipment, RCD’s, EPOD’s and extension cords
Participants are required to have the following:
Text books (can be purchased through PEER or SAI Global) -
- AS/NZS 3760 : 2010 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- PAT testing equipment is provided but students can bring their own
- Photo ID
- Wear normal work clothes including
- Covered footwear (steel capped boots preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or overalls
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to competently:
- Outline electrical fundamentals
- List the effects of electricity on the human body and methods of reducing electric shock
- Interpret and implement testing procedures of AS3760 : 2010
- Test portable electric power tools, equipment, RCD’s, EPOD’s and extension cords
- Arrange for identified faulty components to be repaired by a recognised competent person
A Statement of Completion will be issued to the participant after successful completion and a wallet card.
There are no entry requirements for this course, however, it is expected the participant has a broad understanding of the work of a licenced tradesperson or construction worker.
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on Test and Tag or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.