Download Course PDF
This course provides an opportunity for Electrical Workers to gain skills in low voltage electrical rescue and resuscitation. It meets the requirement of Regulation 68 of the Electricity (General) Regulations 2012 which requires that “persons who carry out, or help in carrying out electrical work, to be suitably trained in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with the requirements of the Technical Regulator”. To ensure that high standards of response are maintained in the event of an electrical incident, the Technical Regulator require electrical workers to be assessed every 12 months.
This course also meets the requirement of the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012, which require an electrical safety observer to have current (within 12 months) skills in rescue and resuscitation.
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures form live LV panel
- Carry out and complete rescue from live LV panel
- Respond to an emergency
- Perform CPR
- Communicate details of the incident
Prior to attending the course you must read the enclosed Student Workbook.
Participants are required to have the following:
- Photo ID
- Wear normal work clothes including
- Covered footwear (steel capped boots preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or overalls
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to competently:
- Prepare and carryout a rescue from a live LV Panel
- Understand their responsibility in the health safety and risk management process
- Recognise situations where CPR is required
- Carry out CPR in line with ARC guidelines
- Communicate details of an incident
A Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UETTDRRF06B – Perform rescue from a live LV panel will be issued to the participant after successful completion and a wallet card.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Please note: it is a requirement of this course that all participants must undertake practical demonstration of CPR on the floor on a manikin for 2 minutes.
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities
Please select your course date.
|Mon 4th Mar 2019 at 8:00AM||1 class||2 units||PEER - Albert Park|| CITB Funding $75.00 |
No CITB Funding $150.00
|Wed 17th Apr 2019 at 8:00AM||1 class||2 units||PEER - Albert Park|| CITB Funding $75.00 |
No CITB Funding $150.00