1 day (8 hours)
Download Course PDF
To provide participants with the basic knowledge to safely enter and work on a construction site. The term "Whitecard" refers to the plastic card in which students who successfully complete this training will receive and use to enter construction worksites.
This course contains the following learning content:
CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Duty of care
- Hazard management
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe use of plant and equipment
- Safety signs
- Clean safe and tidy worksites
- Accident and incident reporting
- Site emergency and evacuation
Participants are required to have the following:
- Photo ID
- Wear normal work clothes including
- Covered footwear (steel capped boots preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants or overalls
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to competently:
- Identify WHS legislative requirements.
- Identify construction hazards and control measures
- Identify WHS communication and reporting processes
- Identify WHS incident response procedures
A Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry will be issued to the participant after successful completion and a wallet card (white card).
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Please note; you will be photographed during the course for your ‘white card’.
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities
Please select your course date.
|Tue 28th Aug 2018 at 8:00AM||1 class||1 unit||PEER - Elizabeth East||$135.00||Register|
|Wed 3rd Oct 2018 at 8:00AM||1 class||1 unit||PEER - Albert Park||$135.00||Register|
|Tue 4th Dec 2018 at 8:00AM||1 class||1 unit||PEER - Albert Park||$135.00||Register|