Core units gap training 120 hours & project book (see note in description)
Download Course PDF
Entry for this course will be strictly limited to holders of an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) to provide the required GAP training for the UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician qualification from the UEE11 Training Package. Holders of this OTSR will have already demonstrated the recommended LL&N skills for the completion of this course. Learners must also either be in relevant employment or have access to appropriate workplace environments to achieve the completion requirements of this course. This course consists of core and elective competency standard units to provide the required Australian Minimum Context Gap training for those issued with an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR).
Core units gap training 120 hours & project book
Elective units gap training varies depending on the units on an applicant’s OTSR (range from a project book to 3 weeks)
On the job profiling component is based on a 12 months
This course contains the following learning content:
- ECGELE001A Apply Australian WHS practices in the workplace
- ECGELE002A Document workplace/occupational hazards and risks in electrical work
- ECGELE003A Apply Australian Earthing Systems and requirements
- ECGELE004A Select Australian protection devices and systems for single and three phase low voltage circuits and electrical installations
- ECGELE005A Select and arrange equipment for Australian single and three phase LV installations
- ECGELE006A Conduct Electrical installation, testing and verification
- ECGELE007A Verify compliance and functionality of general Australian electrical installations
- ECGELE008A Find and rectify faults in Australian energy supply network equipment
*Please note this is the only Elective PEER currently offer for this course.
Students are required to have the following:
- AS/NZS 3000:2007 (incorporating amendments 1 and 2)
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1:2017
- AS/NZS 3012:2010 (incorporating amendment 1)
- AS/NXS 3017:2007
- SAPN Service Rules
- Coloured highlighters
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long Trousers
- Safety boots
- Test equipment and tools are provided but students can bring their own equipment
On completion of this course, the participant will be required to complete the on the job requirements (eProfiling) before a statement of attainment is issued.
Entry into this course is only available to holders of an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR).
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities.
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on MACGT Electrical or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.