2 days (16 hours)
Download Course PDF
.To provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance
This course contains the following learning content:
HLTAIDOO3 – Provide first aid
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic life support (DRSABCD), CPR and AED
- Range of common injuries covering eye and ear, burns, abdominal, wounds and musculoskeletal
- Cardiac conditions, stroke and respiratory distress, including asthma
- Allergic reaction, anaphylaxis and seizures/Convulsions
- Choking and airway obstruction, shock management and unconsciousness
- Envenomation, poisoning and toxic substances
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
Participants are required to have the following:
- Photo ID
- Wear normal work clothes including
- Covered footwear (steel capped boots preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt
Long pants or overalls
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to competently:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance?
A Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency HLTAIDOO3 – Provide first aid will be issued to the participant after successful completion
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Please note: it is a requirement of this course that all participants must undertake practical demonstration of CPR on the floor on a manikin for 2 minutes.
This course contains both theory and practical learning activities
Please select your course date.
|Tue 31st Jul 2018 at 8:00AM||2 classes||1 unit||PEER - Albert Park||$210.00||Register|
|Tue 9th Oct 2018 at 8:00AM||2 classes||1 unit||PEER - Albert Park||$210.00||Register|
|Tue 18th Dec 2018 at 8:00AM||2 classes||1 unit||PEER - Albert Park||$210.00||Register|