Download Course PDF
If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and are keen to learn a trade like bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering or carpentry, then ‘I Construct’ could be for you!
What is ‘I Construct’?
‘I Construct’ is a new, Adelaide-based pre-apprenticeship program that includes:
- Modules covering bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering and carpentry
- An Individual Training and Support Plan (ITSP)
- Pre-employment, employment and cultural awareness training
- Specialised Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring
Once completed, successful candidates will be considered for full time apprenticeships with Group Training Organisations through the SA Housing Authority's 250 Apprenticeships Program and other employers
The units you complete as part of ‘I Construct’ will count towards this qualification, so you can reach your goal faster.
How can I get involved?
To qualify, you need to:
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible visa holder
- Be aged 16 or over and not enrolled in school
- Hold a car or motorbike driver’s licence or learner’s permit
- Be motivated and committed to working in the construction industry
What else is included?
- Your own set of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Police clearances
- Drug and alcohol testing and support
You can send us a message with the form below to get more information on I-Construct - Introduction to Construction or details on alternate courses if there are currently no dates available. You may also make a Corporate Enquiry.